Role-based administration allows the administrator to define access restrictions within the Barracuda Email Security Service based on assigned user roles and domain permissions. This provides flexibility and task delegation, as well as the ability to track activity and changes made in the Barracuda Email Security Service by user, role, or domain.
- Administrator – An administrator can view and modify all aspects of all domains, and configure global and domain-level settings.
Domain administrator – A domain administrator can configure domain-level settings and view all domain settings and users for the assigned domains.
- Help Desk – In the Help Desk role, users can deliver messages, view message headers, view domain-level settings, and view all domain settings and users for the assigned domains. Note that the Help Desk role cannot view message body on a user's account.
- User – A user can configure user-level settings on their own account.
Assign Roles and Domain Permissions
Use the steps in this section to assign roles and domain permissions. This section assumes you have added users via LDAP or Azure AD authentication, or manually added user accounts to the Barracuda Email Security Service on the Users > Add/Update Users page.
- Log in to the Barracuda Email Security Service, and go to th e Users > User List page.
- For the desired user, click Edit in the Actions column; the Edit User page displays.
- From the User Role drop-down menu, select the role you want to assign to the user.
- If you assign the user either the Help Desk or Domain Admin role, in the Domains section, select one or more domains you want the user to manage.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 to change a user role and domain permissions.
View User Roles and Domain Permissions
Use the User List to view a list of all users and filter based on assigned roles and domain permissions.
- Log in to the Barracuda Email Security Service, and go to the Users > User List page.
- From the User Role drop-down menu, select a role on which to filter the user list.
- If you selected any role other than User, from the Domains drop-down menu, select All to filter on all domains, or select a single domain on which to filer the user list.
- Use the controls below the table to page through the results.
Send an email notification to users you have assigned to a new role and include their access privileges.