- Latest iPhone Barracuda Archive Search application available for download from iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barracuda-archive-search/id684270246
- iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad running iOS 9.0 or later
- Email address archived by your organization's Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service
The Barracuda Companion mobile application allows you to perform various actions with your messages that are stored in your organization's Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service including:
- Search for archived messages based on email content, or constrain the search to a date range, a specific sender or recipient, or subject line content;
- Search deleted messages and emails no longer visible in your mail application;
- View and interact with (Reply, Reply All, Forward, Resend to Me) archived messages.
These actions are available directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, allowing transparent access to, and interaction with, your archived messages.
Use the following steps to configure the mobile application:
Launch Barracuda Archive Search, and tap Barracuda Essentials in the Welcome page:
- The Setup screen displays.
Tap in the Host field, and enter your region-specific MAS hostname, for example: mas.barracudanetworks.com
In the Email field, tap and enter your email address from which to access archived messages. For example, enter: email@example.com
- Tap in the Password field, and enter the password associated with the entered email address.
- Confirm your settings, and tap Save at the top of the screen.
Search for Archived Messages
Once configuration is complete, you can begin searching your archived emails.
- Launch Archive Search, and enter your Barracuda Essentials login credentials:
- Tap SIGN IN; the Search page displays.
- Tap in the desired search criteria field to display the keypad:
- Use the keypad to enter the desired keyword or search string (based on Table 1 and Table 2 that follow); you must enter at least one keyword to perform a search. Keywords must be alpha-numeric characters, and are not case sensitive. Additionally, you can use wildcards to represent one or more other characters to use search patterns.
Once you specify the keyword and select the search criteria, tap Search to display the first 100 messages matching your search criteria, or tap Cancel to clear the fields and enter a new keyword or search string.
Tap the Star () icon to the right of a message in the search results to save the message to History.
Table 1. Search Criteria.
|All||Returns all messages that contain the search string anywhere in the From field, subject line, or email content.|
|Subject||Returns messages that contain the keyword only in the subject line.|
|From||Returns messages that contain the keyword only in the From field.|
|To||Returns messages that contain the keyword only in the To field.|
|Advanced||Restrict the results to a predefined date range. Only those emails sent within the specified date(s) are returned in the search.|
Table 2. Wildcards.
|? (single question mark)||Specifies a single alphanumeric character. Question marks can be appended to search for a specific number of characters, for example, a???a returns five letter words that starts and ends with "a" or "A".|
|Specifies zero or more alphanumeric characters. For example, pl* returns "plane", "planning", etc.|
Search Date Range
To specify a specific date range in which to search, tap in the Search field to display the keypad. Tap in the Date field and select the desired date range, or select Anytime to search all dates. Tap Search to display the first 100 messages matching your search criteria.
All messages matching the specified criteria display in the search results:
Reply to and Forward Archived Messages
Once you complete a search of your archived messages, you can view the message, reply to the message, or forward the message.
- Tap on a message to display the full content in the window
- Tap the Actions () icon to view the available actions on a message:
- Reply – Sends an email response only to the message originator
- Reply All – Sends an email response to the message originator and all recipients
- Forward – Send a copy of the archived message to one or more new email addresses
- Resend to Me – Send a copy of the archived message to your email address
Once you run a search, tap the Star () icon to save that message and add the search criteria to your History. To access a saved search, tap History in the toolbar, and tap on the search you want to run. Tap the icon to the right of the To/From fields to take the following additional actions on a saved search:
- Search – Tap to run the search again
- Pin – Keeps the search in view until you tap the pin toggle off
- Edit – Displays the search criteria and allows you to edit rerun the new search
- Remove – Deletes the saved search from your History