Use the following steps to download and launch the Barracuda Archive Search Deployment Kit:
- Log into the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service as administrator.
- Navigate to the Users > Client Downloads page, and download the Barracuda Archive Search Deployment Kit.
- Extract the contents to an easily accessible location; the deployment kit contains the following:
- Archive Search installer (BmaSaSearch-<version>.msi)
- Archive Search Administrator module (Barracuda Message Archiver Search.admx)
- Installation instructions in PDF format
- Move (or copy) the Barracuda Message Archiver Search.admx file to your local %systemroot%\inf, directory, typically found in: c:\winnt\inf
- Copy the .msi file to a location that is accessible by your users.
- Open the Group Policy Object (GPO) Editor for the organization that is to use Barracuda Archive Search (for example, the default domain policy).
- Either edit the default policy or create a new policy object, and link it to the desired container. For example, the particular organizational unit (OU) containing the computers where Archive Search is to be installed.
- Expand Computer Configuration, right-click Administrative Templates, select All Tasks, and click Add/Remove Templates.
- Navigate to %systemroot%\inf, select Barracuda Message Archiver Search.admx, and click Add.
Use the following steps to configure Archive Search:
- While still in the GPO Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates, and expand the Barracuda node that should now be visible.
- Click Message Archiver, and click Barracuda Message Archiver Search.
Double-click the Barracuda Message Archiver URI policy, and type the region-specific MAS hostname, for example:
- Configure other settings as required. For an explanation of the available settings, click the policy Explain tab.
Use the following steps to deploy the Microsoft installer (.msi) file.
- Start the GPO Editor for the domain where you are installing Archive Search.
- Either edit the default policy or create a new policy object, and link it to the desired container; for example, the particular OU containing the computers of users that will be using Archive Search.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Software Settings > Software Installation, right-click Software Installation, and click New/Package.
- Enter the UNC path to the .msi located in the shared folder, and click OK.
Use the following steps to test the Barracuda Archive Search deployment.
- Restart a computer that is joined to the domain.
- Verify Archive Search is installed when you log in, and configured policies are applied.
Following is a list of troubleshooting tips.
- A common cause of failure is that the user and/or the user's computer does not have adequate access to the share location. Verify that all access and network privileges are configured appropriately.
- Additional error messages are available in the Event Log on the domain computer; if you do not find the desired information in the Event Log, consider enabling verbose logging and restarting the computer.
- For additional information on fixing Group Policy issues, see the Microsoft TechNet article Fixing Group Policy problems by using log files.