Syslog Integration enables you to export your message log data to a syslog server or a security information and events management (SIEM) system. With Syslog Integration, you can store your information beyond 30 days and use it for tracking, analysis, and troubleshooting.
To configure Syslog Integration:
- Log into Barracuda Email Security Service and navigate to the Account Management tab.
- Open any firewall ports needed for communication with your syslog server/SIEM system.
Refer to Barracuda Email Security Service IP Ranges for information on IP ranges.
- Enter the IP Address/Hostname and Port for your syslog server/SIEM system. The default port is 6514.
- Click Test to ensure that the Barracuda Email Security Service can connect with your syslog server/SIEM system.
- If the test works, your message log data begins transferring to your syslog server/SIEM system.
- If the test fails, check the IP Address/Hostname and Port information and reenter it if needed. Then perform the test again.
To delete the syslog server, click Delete.
You can only connect one syslog server/SIEM system at a time. You can delete an existing entry and replace it, but you cannot have multiple entries.
This feature is available only for Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) with Transport Layer Security (TLS).
If your syslog server/SIEM system stops responding, data will not spool until the communication is re-established.
- After you enable or disable syslog integration, it can take up to 10 minutes for message transmission to either start or stop.
- Data is transferred at the account level, not at the domain level.
Data is sent to the syslog in JSON format. You can parse the data any way you choose to meet the needs of your organization. For information on the Message Log field names, refer to the help file on the Message Log page.