Managing Retention Policies
By default, the retention policy is 6 months. Data older than 6 months is automatically deleted. You can expand the retention policy up to 12 months but consider that longer log retention periods require more resources.
To change the retention policy:
- Navigate to BASIC > Administration.
- Scroll down to the Connected Devices section.
- For all devices, select the Log Retention Period.
- Click Save Changes.
- When storage capacity is reached, oldest logs are deleted first. Your data will be preserved as much as possible, but some data will be lost.
- Reducing the log retention period deletes all logs older than the new retention period specified (e.g., changing from 6 months to 1 month deletes all logs older than 1 month). Consider backing up logs before reducing the retention period.
- Increasing the Log Retention Period adds new logs to the collection, up to the period specified.
To view storage used for the logs from each connected Barracuda device:
- Navigate to BASIC > General.
- Locate the Connected Devices area.
- For each connected device, you will see the storage space used for its stored logs.
Both the utilized and available storage on Barracuda Firewall Insights is shown in the doughnut chart on the dashboard.
If your storage is getting low, consider reducing the log retention period for one or more connected devices.