What´s New in Version 1.0.2
Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2 is a maintenance release. This version is the direct successor to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.1 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 1.0.1. Updating to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2 is possible for any prior version.
- In Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2, Clickhouse for BRS has been upgraded to version 126.96.36.199 in the brs-docker repository, and the log indexer has been fixed. Multiple improvements and bug fixes were applied. (BNNGF-63436)
- A password change is now enforced during first login. (BNNGF-63458)
Improvements Included in Version 1.0.2
- Log-indexer performance has been improved to resolve issues with ingestion of a high volume of logs. (BNNGF-63447)
- Root partition no longer runs out of space when performing multiple sequential partial firmware downloads. (BNNGF-63435)
- A secure flag is now always set for cookies containing sensitive information. (BNNGF-63431)
- TLS 1.0 has now been disabled on the Barracuda Firewall Insights log server. (BNNGF-63430)
- SameSite attribute is no longer missing in session ID cookie. (BNNGF-63429)
- The license agreement EULA page is now displayed after activation. (BNNGF-63426)
- Topology map is now displayed correctly. (BNNGF-62906)
What´s New in Version 1.0.1
Improvements Included in Version 1.0.1
- The DASHBOARD graphs are filtered correctly when the Firewall filter is used. (BNNGF-61075)
- In the Connected Devices section of the BASIC > Administration page, the Migrate Reports button has been removed because it had no function. ( BNNGF-61043)
- The storage used by each firewall is displayed correctly on the BASIC page. (BNNGF-61039)
- The graphs in the VPN Transport section of the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page are labeled correctly. (BNNGF-61010)
- Filtering firewall devices on the DASHBOARD page shows each device when the corresponding check box is selected. (BNNGF-61007)
- Improved network graphs on the DASHBOARD > Network Traffic page. (BNNGF-60981)
- Issues with the Threat Map of the DASHBOARD > Security and Web page have been solved. (BNNGF-60955)
- The status Last Log Received on the BASIC > General page is displayed correctly. (BNNGF-60907)
- The latency is rounded up to one decimal place. (BNNGF-60879)
- The VPN Average section on the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page is labeled correctly. (BNNGF-60778)
- Scale units in the VPN Transport section of the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page are corrected to milliseconds. (BNNGF-60772)
- If there are no firewall devices connected to Firewall Insights, the Dashboards display No CloudGen devices connected. (BNGF-59801)
Current Known Issues
- In rare cases, a reboot is required to restart the Insights services. After the reboot, wait for a couple of minutes until all services have started up again.
- There is an issue with the download of the Esx-Vbox image. The checksum of the file Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf is incorrect. To fix this issue, open the manifest.txt file and replace the checksum next to Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf with
What´s New in Version 188.8.131.52
The firmware release 184.108.40.206 is the initial release of Barracuda Firewall Insights and the product launch. Barracuda Firewall Insights is a reporting and analysis device designed for all Barracuda CloudGen Firewall deployments. It can be installed on various virtualization solutions.
Barracuda Firewall Insights aggregates and analyzes the following data:
- Firewall activity data.
- SD-WAN statistics.
- Information on detected threats.
In addition Barracuda Firewall Insights provides predefined reports.
Improvements Included in Version 220.127.116.11
- Automatically consolidates and analyzes data from all Barracuda CloudGen Firewall deployments.
- Includes SD-WAN and Web Reporting dashboards.
- Provides a status overview for the entire WAN.
- Provides details and availability of SD-WAN connections.
- Provides transport details.
- Provides security, web, and network traffic details.
- Provides directly available data in user-friendly graphical form.
- Provides predefined reports, including summary reports, for areas like safety & liability, network activity, web activity, security, and productivity.
- All reports can be customized for individual time frames and can include all of the deployed firewalls or just a subset thereof (e.g., only the WAN for a specific region or country).
- Contributes to longer SSD lifetimes of your CloudGen Firewall devices and helps save disk space.
- Expands archiving since a CloudGen Firewall retains data for a maximum of 7 days and Firewall Insights caches data for up to 12 months.
Current Known Issues
- In rare cases a reboot is required to restart the Insights services. After the reboot wait for a couple of minutes until all services have started up again.
- There is an issue with the download of the Esx-Vbox image. The checksum of the file Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf is incorrect. To fix this issue, open the manifest.txt file and replace the checksum next to Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf with 021a3d9dba1785062f329cdacaff0228.