What´s New in Version 1.1.0
Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.1.0 is the direct successor to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 1.0.2. Updating to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.1.0 is possible for any prior version.
- Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.1.0 contains several improvements. Overall performance, display, and appearance have been widely improved, backup/restore issues have been fixed.
- A new feature 'Custom Reports' has been implemented. (BNNGF-65567, BNNGF-62476)
- Daily configuration backups can now be sent automatically via email. (BNNGF-71003)
VPN Transport accuracy has been improved. (BNNGF-69954)
- Geo IP database, log-indexer, Jquery, and postgres have been updated. (BNNGF-65450, BNNGF-65437, BNNGF-61624, BNNGF-64586)
It is now possible to configure customized reports.
Dashboard information has been extended. SD-WAN / VPN transport accuracy and display have been improved.
Topology has been improved and fixed with version 1.1.0. Connected firewalls are now displayed correctly with details.
SD-WAN summary has been improved.
VPN transport accuracy has been improved.
Log Viewer Improvements
Overall performance, filtering functions, and appearance have been improved.
Improvements Included in Version 1.1.0
- Reports can now be filtered by user. (BNNGF-65553)
- Performance, display, and appearance of log view have been improved. (BNNGF-65541, BNNGF-64696, BNNGF-65540, BNNGF-66145, BNNGF-65538, BNNGF-65558, BNNGF-65539, BNNGF-65568, BNNGF-66843, BNNGF-65578, BNNGF-66841, BNNGF-69317, BNNGF-69347, BNNGF-69008, BNNGF-69009, BNNGF-65545, BNNGF-66844)
- Web filter log view has been added. (BNNGF-69439, BNNGF-69592, BNNGF-66842) )
- Number of allowed connections has been increased. (BNNGF-65887)
- Reboot warning for certificate change has been added. (BNNGF-66865)
- API repository for performance, backup, and restore has been improved. (BNNGF-66547, BNNGF-60929)
- Display and performance of login, dashboard, and configuration tabs have been improved. (BNNGF-66876, BNNGF-68262, BNNGF-61538, BNNGF-68262, BNNGF-60903, BNNGF-67611, BNNGF-66877, BNNGF-65544, BNNGF-62019, BNNGF-59433, BNNGF-61643, BNNGF-67668, BNNGF-69955, BNNGF-68953, BNNGF-61538, BNNGF-65551, BNNGF-64695, BNNGF-61900, BNNGF-61040)
- Log indexer has been updated to improve performance. (BNNGF-61624, BNNGF-69470, BNNGF-69182)
- Regex list has been updated to retrieve information about browser and OS from user agent. (BNNGF-65647)
- URL category display on security and web dashboard has been improved. (BNNGF-65547)
- Encrypted certificates can now also be imported with empty password. (BNNGF-60730)
- VPN Transport accuracy has been improved. (BNNGF-69954)
- When disconnected from Firewall Insights, a firewall can now be deleted with the connected data. (BNNGF-60939)
- It is now possible to switch back to default SSL certificate after uploading a custom certificate. (BNNGF-1089)
Issues Resolved with Version 1.1.0
- Network configuration no longer fails when there is no default gateway set. (BNNGF-66872)
- Restoring backup now works properly. (BNNGF-68508, BNNGF-68700, BNNGF-68687, BNNGF-68103, BNNGF-66849, BNNGF-66557, BNNGF-61526)
- NTP synchronization issue has been fixed. (BNNGF-68726)
- Log retention period can now be configured correctly. (BNNGF-65573)
- Web support tunnel is now reachable when opened from CLI. (BNNGF-65047)
- Error 404 when creating and summarizing reports has been fixed. (BNNGF-65665, BNNGF-63387)
- Product activation flag now shows correct status. (BNNGF-67123)
- An issue has been fixed where clicking on reports on main tabs produced a syntax error. (BNNGF-69422)
- Deleting filters in threat and log view no longer causes a system crash. (BNNGF-68596, BNNGF-65542)
- SQL device selection now works properly. (BNNGF-68607)
- Topology map now gets displayed correctly and no longer breaks when setting geo position values. (BNNGF-65183)
- An issue has been fixed where tunnel map displayed different points with same coordinates. (BNNGF-60530)
- Web interface no longer gets stuck after configuration restore. (BNNGF-63767)
- TLS 1.0, which caused issues on FRS log server, is now disabled. (BNNGF-60509)
- Activation and provisioning via proxy no longer fails due to proxy configuration. (BNNGF-64220, BNNGF-69785)
- An issue related to disk space partitioning and updates has been fixed. (BNNGF-61625)
- An issue related to cookies without secure flag / SameSite attribute has been fixed. (BNNGF-60254, BNNGF-62488)
- An issue has been fixed where new boxes did not appear in Firewall Insights when added. (BNNGF-65842)
- Display instability issues related to box overview have been fixed. (BNNGF-65900)
- An issue has been fixed where boxes were unable to connect to Firewall Insights. (BNNGF-67951)
- An issue has been fixed where download restarted during update while update process was stopped. (BNNGF-61637)
- Issues related to context menu display have been fixed. (BNNGF-66427)
- Event log no longer times out when querying a large number of events. (BNNGF-70830)
- An issue has been fixed where Unix time was not synced correctly with docker containers. (BNNGF-60264)
- Network settings are no longer imported when restoring a configuration backup. (BNNGF-70101)
- An issue has been fixed where scheduled reports could not handle relative time. (BNNGF-60530)
What´s New in Version 1.0.2
Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2 is a maintenance release. This version is the direct successor to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.1 and contains all improvements and features delivered with version 1.0.1. Updating to Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2 is possible for any prior version.
- In Barracuda Firewall Insights version 1.0.2, ClickHouse for BRS has been upgraded to version 220.127.116.11 in the brs-docker repository, and the log indexer has been fixed. Multiple improvements and bug fixes were applied. (BNNGF-63436)
- A password change is now enforced during first login. (BNNGF-63458)
Improvements Included in Version 1.0.2
- Log-indexer performance has been improved to resolve issues with ingestion of a high volume of logs. (BNNGF-63447)
- Root partition no longer runs out of space when performing multiple sequential partial firmware downloads. (BNNGF-63435)
- A secure flag is now always set for cookies containing sensitive information. (BNNGF-63431)
- TLS 1.0 has now been disabled on the Barracuda Firewall Insights log server. (BNNGF-63430)
- SameSite attribute is no longer missing in session ID cookie. (BNNGF-63429)
- The license agreement EULA page is now displayed after activation. (BNNGF-63426)
- Topology map is now displayed correctly. (BNNGF-62906)
What´s New in Version 1.0.1
Improvements Included in Version 1.0.1
- The DASHBOARD graphs are filtered correctly when the Firewall filter is used. (BNNGF-61075)
- In the Connected Devices section of the BASIC > Administration page, the Migrate Reports button has been removed because it had no function. (BNNGF-61043)
- The storage used by each firewall is displayed correctly on the BASIC page. (BNNGF-61039)
- The graphs in the VPN Transport section of the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page are labeled correctly. (BNNGF-61010)
- Filtering firewall devices on the DASHBOARD page shows each device when the corresponding check box is selected. (BNNGF-61007)
- Improved network graphs on the DASHBOARD > Network Traffic page. (BNNGF-60981)
- Issues with the Threat Map of the DASHBOARD > Security and Web page have been solved. (BNNGF-60955)
- The status Last Log Received on the BASIC > General page is displayed correctly. (BNNGF-60907)
- The latency is rounded up to one decimal place. (BNNGF-60879)
- The VPN Average section on the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page is labeled correctly. (BNNGF-60778)
- Scale units in the VPN Transport section of the DASHBOARD > SD-WAN Tunnels page are corrected to milliseconds. (BNNGF-60772)
- If there are no firewall devices connected to Firewall Insights, the Dashboards display No CloudGen devices connected. (BNGF-59801)
Current Known Issues
- In rare cases, a reboot is required to restart the Insights services. After the reboot, wait for a couple of minutes until all services have started up again.
- There is an issue with the download of the Esx-Vbox image. The checksum of the file Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf is incorrect. To fix this issue, open the manifest.txt file and replace the checksum next to Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf with
What´s New in Version 18.104.22.168
The firmware release 22.214.171.124 is the initial release of Barracuda Firewall Insights and the product launch. Barracuda Firewall Insights is a reporting and analysis device designed for all Barracuda CloudGen Firewall deployments. It can be installed on various virtualization solutions.
Barracuda Firewall Insights aggregates and analyzes the following data:
- Firewall activity data.
- SD-WAN statistics.
- Information on detected threats.
In addition Barracuda Firewall Insights provides predefined reports.
Improvements Included in Version 126.96.36.199
- Automatically consolidates and analyzes data from all Barracuda CloudGen Firewall deployments.
- Includes SD-WAN and Web Reporting dashboards.
- Provides a status overview for the entire WAN.
- Provides details and availability of SD-WAN connections.
- Provides transport details.
- Provides security, web, and network traffic details.
- Provides directly available data in user-friendly graphical form.
- Provides predefined reports, including summary reports, for areas like safety & liability, network activity, web activity, security, and productivity.
- All reports can be customized for individual time frames and can include all of the deployed firewalls or just a subset thereof (e.g., only the WAN for a specific region or country).
- Contributes to longer SSD lifetimes of your CloudGen Firewall devices and helps save disk space.
- Expands archiving since a CloudGen Firewall retains data for a maximum of 7 days and Firewall Insights caches data for up to 12 months.
Current Known Issues
- In rare cases a reboot is required to restart the Insights services. After the reboot wait for a couple of minutes until all services have started up again.
- There is an issue with the download of the Esx-Vbox image. The checksum of the file Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf is incorrect. To fix this issue, open the manifest.txt file and replace the checksum next to Barracuda Firewall Insights-20190711-6x.ovf with 021a3d9dba1785062f329cdacaff0228.