The KVM version of Barracuda Firewall Insights is available as a pre-built image for your KVM Hypervisor. Before deploying the Barracuda Firewall Insights unit, verify that the host system meets the minimum storage requirements, and review the resource recommendations for the production system.
Before You Begin
- For information on the sizing of your CPU, disk, and RAM, see Deployment.
- Download and install a VNC viewer.
Configure the virtual network on the KVM host server.
Download the KVM image for Barracuda Firewall Insights from the Barracuda Download Portal.
Create Virtual Machine
- Log into the KVM host server with root permissions.
- Copy the KVM.zip file to the host server, e.g.,
- Unpack the virtual image using
unzip. In the unpacked folder, there is a file with the extension *.qcow2. You will need this virtual disk in the next step.
- Create the virtual machine using the following command:
virt-install -n <device name> -r <memory in mb> --os-type=linux --vcpus <number of cores> --disk <your unpacked disk.qcow2>,device=disk,bus=virtio -w network=<your network>,model=virtio --vnc --noautoconsole --import
For information on the sizing of your CPU, disk, and RAM, see
- After the machine is successfully installed, you will be notified:
- Connect to the console of your Firewall Insights device. You can use virt-manager, for example.
- You can now find your Barracuda Firewall Insights device in the list of available virtual machines.
After deploying the Firewall Insights device, continue with How to Configure Network Settings and Licensing on First Boot and Getting Started.