Create a report in Barracuda Firewall Insights to show essential information of your connected CloudGen Firewall devices, such as actions performed (e.g., block, deny, allow).
Before You Begin
- For a description of the Reports page of your Barracuda Firewall Insights, see Reports.
- To store your reports on an external server, you must first configure an external SMB or FTP server. For more information, see External Servers.
- To learn more about time frames and recurring reports, see Understanding Time Frames and Recurring Reports.
Create an On-Demand Report
By default, on-demand reports cover the current day and all connected devices.
- Go to REPORTS.
- Scroll down to the available reports and click on the link of the desired report.
- A new tab with the report opens and displays the information of the current day on the chosen topic.
Create a Report Using Filters
- Go to REPORTS.
- In the Filtering Options section, select:
- Time Frame – Either choose one from the drop-down list, or specify a custom time frame.
- Output Format – Your report can be created as a downloadable *.pdf or *.csv file. In addition, you can open it as a text or HTML page.
- Report on – Select the devices you want the report for.
- In the Advanced Options section, select:
- Destination – Filter either by domain or by category.
- (Optional) IP Anonymize – If enabled, IP addresses will be anonymized, e.g., 10.10.20.3 becomes 10.10.20.xx.
- (Optional) Serial Number Bucketing – If enabled, the data will be grouped by serial numbers.
- (Optional) Domains – Specify up to five domains to include in the report, one per line.
- (Optional) Exclude specified domains – If enabled, the domains entered next to Domains will be excluded from the report.
- (Optional) Exclude Timeframe – Specify a time frame you want excluded from the reports, e.g., weekends. Enter a time in the hh:mm format and select the days you want to exclude.
- Action – Select the CloudGen Firewall actions you want included in the report: Allow, Block, Deny, Drop, and/or Detect.
- (Optional) Chart Type – Specify if you want horizontal bars, vertical bars, or a pie chart.
- Drill-Down Limit Level – There are five possible values you can enter to limit the drill-down depth of the reports. To see all records, leave the fields blank.
For example, if you select Action = Blocked above, and enter
10in the first Drill-Down Limit Level box and run the "Top Users by Browse Time on Social Networking Sites" report, the generated report will be " Top 10 Blocked Users by Browse Time on Social Networking Sites" . You can further limit the report by using the next Drill-Down Limit Level box, setting it to
3, thereby limiting drill-down results by domains to a maximum of three domains.
- Click on the link of the desired report to run the report with the filters set.
- A new window with the report in the desired output format opens.