Automatic Remediation – Automatic Remediation can automatically remediate email messages that contain malicious URLs or attachments. All user-reported messages are automatically scanned for malicious content. When a threat is detected all matching emails are moved from users’ mailboxes into their junk folders. Security teams will receive an alert notifying them of an incident.
Incident Response (included with Barracuda Email Protection Premium and Premium Plus plans) – Remediate threats quickly and efficiently, by automating investigative workflows and enabling direct removal of malicious emails. Take advantage of fully-automated, post-delivery incident response and threat-hunting capabilities.
To use Automatic Remediation or Incident Response, you must have:
- Microsoft Office 365
Your first login requires Office 365 global administrator credentials.
Accounts for the following products add the functionality listed below, but are not required for Incident Response.
These features are included in Barracuda Email Protection plans. DNS Filtering is available in Barracuda Email Protection Premium and Premium Plus plans.
- Creating a new incident.
- Working with geographical insights.
- Working with emails users reported as suspicious through
For a description of configuration requirements for integration, refer to Integration with Other Barracuda Features.
- Adding block exception policies for linked domains.
- Remediating incidents found in Impersonation Protection.
Before You Begin
Accessing Incident Response
To access Incident Response:
- Log in through Barracuda Cloud Control.
- Open https://forensics.barracudanetworks.com in a browser.
Your First Login
Log into Barracuda Cloud Control – https://login.barracudanetworks.com/account/office365. If you do not already have an account, you can create one here.
To activate Incident Response:
- In the left navigation panel, select Incident Response.
- Follow on-screen instructions to connect your Office 365 account.
- Within Incident Response, on the top menu bar, click the blue box to enter your serial number and linking code.
- Bootstrapping/Initial Information Loading – The first time you log in, Incident Response must connect to your Office 365 account and load your email information for the last 30 days. This process can take anywhere from an hour to a day or more, depending on the volume of email in your account.
- Reporting Suspicious Messages – When you first start using Incident Response, wait about one hour before reporting suspicious messages with the Outlook Add-in. It takes about an hour for the two systems to coordinate. See User-Reported Emails for information on how to report messages.
- Serial Number and Linking Code – With your purchase, you received an email from Barracuda that includes your serial number and linking code. Follow the instructions in the email for entering this information and getting started.
If you are evaluating Incident Response as a free trial, you will not receive this email.