Example Use Case
Organization A is hit with a phishing attack from outside the company. The IT team is alerted by an internal user who received the email containing the attack. The IT team must do the following:
- It must determine all recipients that received the attack based on the email subject or sender email
- It must alert the recipients that received the email in question that they need to change their password and delete the offending email
- It must create rules to block future emails from this sender or this sender's domain.
The IT team performs Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response tasks including:
- Identifying affected users and providing instructions on updating passwords
- Creating rules in Barracuda to block future emails from this sender or this sender's domain.
- Creating rules that block web access to domains found in the email body.
- Determining if additional security training is necessary, using Barracuda PhishLine.