Example Use Case
Organization A is hit with a phishing attack from outside the company. The IT team is alerted by an internal user who received the email containing the attack. The IT team needs to:
- Determine all recipients that received the attack based on the email subject or sender email
- Alert the recipients that received the email in question that they need to change their password and delete the offending email
- Create rules to block future emails from this sender or this sender's domain.
The IT team performs Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response tasks including:
- Identify affected users and provide instructions on updating passwords
- Create rules in Barracuda to block future emails from this sender or this sender's domain.
- Create rules that block web access to domains found in the email body.
- Determine if additional security training is necessary, using Barracuda PhishLine.