What's New in the December 3, 2020 Release
- The User-Reported Emails page has a new chart, displaying the five users in your organization who have reported the most emails as suspicious. At a glance, you can review how accurate these reporters are – whether the emails they are reporting actually require remediation. For details, refer to User-Reported Emails.
What's New in the November 16, 2020 Release
- An administrator who is reviewing user-reported emails can now dismiss any user-reported emails that appear to be innocuous. These dismissed reports can be viewed by clicking Show Dismissed above the User-Reported Emails table. For additional information, refer to User-Reported Emails.
- When exporting data to a CSV file from the View Incident page, data from the Opened Emails column is now included.
What's New in the October 12, 2020 Release (Version 2.0)
- New visualizations at the top of the Incidents page enable you to see your data at a glance. Charts include Incidents Created, Threats Remediated, and Top 5 Attacked Users. For details, see Reviewing Incidents.
- Updated look and feel will enable quicker feature creation and deployment for future releases.
What's New in the July 27, 2020 Release
- Added ability to export event data to a syslog server or a security information and events management (SIEM) system. For details, see Syslog Integration. [BNFIR-951]
What's New in the July 6, 2020 Release
- You can now use Automatic Remediation for malicious attachments. [BNFIR-720]
What's New in the June 22, 2020 Release
- On the View Incident page, there is now no limit to the number of records you can download from the Email/Users table. [BNFIR-888]
- When creating an incident, you must include an email. You are no longer able to create incidents with zero emails.
- The Potential Incidents page no longer include emails that:
- are older than 30 days old
- were remediated in a way that was not initiated from the Potential Incidents page
What's New in the June 17, 2020 Release
- The system can now automatically create incidents for and remediate user-reported emails with malicious attachments, in addition to malicious URLs. [BNFIR-720]
See the following articles for more information:
What's New in the May 29, 2020 Release
- You can now customize email alerts to the recipient. You can either save your changes to be used later during Incident creation or restore the default text. For information, refer to Setting Default Remediation Options. [BNFIR-757]
What's New in the May 26, 2020 Release
- On the Incidents page, the Email and Users tables at the bottom of the page are now paginated, eliminating the need for scrolling. [BNFIR-532]
- On the Incidents page, the Summary box in the top right corner of the page now includes a count of all emails deleted, including those remediated through continuous remediation. Before, the count stopped at 1000. [BNFIR-532]
What's New in the May 11, 2020 Release
- The system can now automatically create incidents for and remediate user-reported emails with malicious links. See the following articles for more information:
- When exporting to CSV files, there is currently a 2000 row limit.
What's New in the April 27, 2020 Release
- Potential Incidents – Can now send alerts when a potential incident is created. For details, see Potential Incidents.
- Incident Wizard – Your search criteria now appear at the top of the second page. When creating an incident from certain locations, the wizard automatically skips the first page and goes straight to the second page. If needed, you can click Refine Search and change your search criteria.
What's New in the April 13, 2020 Release
- User-Reported Emails Page For details, see User-Reported Emails.
- Malicious URLs: Display a warning icon when a malicious URL is detected. [BNFIR-647]
- New columns: Number of Users Reported and Number of Mailboxes Affected [BNFIR-688]
- Settings: Can now send alerts when a user reports a suspicious email. [BNFIR-799]
- Insights Page
- Terminology: Changed the value Unknown to Undetected. For details, see Reviewing Insights. [BNFIR-574]
- In the User-Reported Emails page, for a specific email, you might see the same user listed twice when you hover over the Number of Users Reported value. This happens in the unlikely case where the same user reports more than one email with similar attributes that would match in a search. For example, if the same user separately reported two emails that both had the word winner in the subject line, that user will appear twice when you hover over the Number of Users Reported value.
What's New in the March 30, 2020 Release
- Potential Incidents – Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response can now locate potential threats looming in your Office 365 account, either based on an incident you already created or based on Barracuda's intelligence on currently circulating threats, threats that might already be present in your inbox. See Potential Incidents for more information.
- User-Reported Emails – User-reported emails with the same search criteria are now grouped by the user who created them. [BNFIR-688]
What's New in the March 16, 2020 Release
- Expiration Date Banner – A banner now appears across the top of your Barracuda Forensics pages, indicating the end date of either your free trial or paid subscription. The banner changes color as the date approaches. You will also receive an email as the expiration date approaches. [BNFIR-690]
What's New in the March 2, 2020 Release
- What's New feature added in the upper right corner of Barracuda Forensics pages, enables you to find out about new features, improvements, fixes, and scheduled maintenance. [BNFIR-278]
- Who created an incident – On the Incidents page, you can now see which Barracuda Forensics administrator created the incident. [BNFIR-653]
What's New in the February 18, 2020 Release
- Sent emails – Barracuda Forensics now remediates sent emails. [BNFIR-564]
- Opened email – When viewing an Incident, there is a new column in Users table that indicates whether a user opened an email. See Reviewing Incidents for more information. [BNFIR-548]
- Editing your serial number – You can now input your serial number by yourself. [BNFIR-693]
What's New in the January 21, 2020 Release
- Incidents Table – Periodically refresh incidents table to provide most current results. [BNFIR-589 ]
What's New in the January 7, 2020 Release
- Improved Searching – You can now create an incident using phrase searching. For more information, see Searching for Messages and Creating an Incident. [BNFIR-588]
What's New in the December 17, 2019 Release
- Improved User Experience – Moved incident creation to end of the wizard. [BNFIR-561]
What's New in the November 22, 2019 Release
- Incident Creation Wizard – Minor changes to workflow:
- Incident creation is later in the process [BNFIR-561].
- Remediation action shows number of emails, no longer number of users. [BNFIR-522]
- User's First Time Linking to Forensics – When a user clicks a link to move from either Barracuda Email Security Service or Barracuda Sentinel to Barracuda Forensics for the first time, an intermediate page displays, informing the user they are moving to a different product and asking if they want to begin a 14-day free trial of Barracuda Forensics. If the user continues, they are brought to the appropriate page in Barracuda Forensics. [BNFIR-543]
What's New in the October 1, 2019 Release
- Standalone – Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response is now a standalone product.