The Access Rules page allows you to create and edit firewall rules on the Barracuda Link Balancer. By default, all connections initiated from outside are denied. Add inbound firewall rules to allow exceptions for specific IP addresses, ports and applications.
Create an Inbound Firewall Rule
- Log into the Barracuda Link Balancer web interface.
- Go to the FIREWALL > Access Rules page.
- To create a new firewall rule, click Add Access Rule.
- Enter a Name. To better identify a rule, you may enter a comment.
- Select Allow as the Action to allow traffic that matches this rule.
- From the Source field, select Internet.
From the Destination field, select the destination, for example: LAN.
- From the Link field, select whether this rule applies to any link or only one.
- From the Protocol field, select whether this rule applies to any protocol or only one.
- Select either an application or a port for the rule:
When choosing the application option, select whether this rule should apply to any (*) application or only one from the Application list.
- When choosing the port option, enter a single port, a list of comma-separated ports, or a hyphenated range in the Port field.
- In the Start Time and End Time fields, define a time interval in HH:MM (24 hour format) during which the rule is active. Select days of the week to narrow that time interval, if desired.
- Click Add Rule.
The inbound firewall rule is now created and appears in the Inbound/Outbound Firewall Rules list. To change an existing firewall rule, click the Edit icon under the Actions column, modify the rule and click Save Changes.