By default, all connections initiated from addresses inside the Barracuda Link Balancer are allowed. You can define firewall rules restrict outbound connectivity based on protocol, port, application, destination and/or source IP address.
Create an Outbound Firewall Rule
- Log into the Barracuda Link Balancer web interface.
- Go to the FIREWALL > Access Rules page.
- To create a new firewall rule, click Add Access Rule.
- Enter a Name. Use the comment field to better identify a rule in the list, if desired.
- Select Block as the Action to block traffic that matches this rule.
- From the Source field, select LAN.
From the Destination field, select the destination, for example: Internet.
- From the Link field, select whether the rule applies to any link or only one.
- From the Protocol field, select whether the rule applies to any protocol or only one.
- Select either an application or a port for the rule:
When choosing the application option, select whether the rule should apply to any (*) application or only one from the Application list.
- When choosing the port option, enter one port, a list of comma-separated ports, or a hyphenated range in the Port field.
- In the Start Time and End Time fields, define a time interval in HH:MM (24 hour format) during which the rule is active. If desired, narrow the time span to certain days of the week.
- Click Add Rule.
The outbound firewall rule is now created and appears in the Inbound/Outbound Firewall Rules list. To change an existing firewall rule, click the Edit icon under the Actions column, modify the rule and click Save Changes.