On the Applications page, view and define applications that can be used in firewall and Quality of Service rules. An application is a combination of a protocol and one or more ports. You can create new applications or use the predefined ones, such as DNS, Email, and HTTP. The Custom Applications table displays any applications that you have defined.
Create an Application
To create an application, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Barracuda Link Balancer web interface.
- Go to the POLICY > Applications page.
- In the Application field, enter a descriptive name for the application.
- Select the desired protocol from the Protocol list.
- In the Port Range field, enter one port, a list of comma-separated ports or a hyphenated range.
- Click Add.
- Click Save Changes.
As soon as the application is created it will show up in the Application list.