Firmware Version 3.0
- Port based live reporting is now available.
- You can now block pings on WAN Links.
- You can now switch IP application traffic between primary and backup links based on TCP-port reachablity.
- System response disabled for SYN+FIN TCP packets. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4945)
- System response disabled for an ICMP timestamp request. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4953)
- The Barracuda Link Balancer can now block invalid network state packets from LANs. (BNWB-4884)
- On a new device, the default values for the SNMP settings were not being selected. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4766)
- Cache clearing is now automatically triggered to avoid low memory availability for memory intensive modules. (BNWB-4954)
- The default firewall and system log settings have been adjusted to prevent the over-consumption of disk space. (BNWB-4790)
- Live reports are now being displayed. (BNWB-4796)
- Disabling and then enabling the VPN tunnel impacted the IP table rules. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4956)
- On a new device, the LAN2 port was not coming up as expected. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4810)
- Port forwarding failed on PPPoE links. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4751)
- The default rules were missing on new model Barracuda Link Balancers. This issue is now fixed. (BNWB-4744)
Firmware Version 2.6
DNS Security Extension is available on ADNS.
NAT-T supported on MPLS to VPN Failover.
Now supports two DHCP Working Modes: DHCP Server or DHCP Relay Agent.
VLAN tags can be set for PPPoE WAN links.
TLS Protocol option for SRV Records.
Static ARP table allows VLAN interfaces.
VPN tunnel traffic and bandwidth reports generate. (BNWB-3679)
Alerts email from address appears as email@example.com. (BNWB-3637)
ADNS responds to queries even when set to BACKUP > Inbound. (BNWB-3373)
Firmware Version 2.5.2
NTP Security Vulnerability CVE-2014-9295
SSLv3 has been disabled in the web interface to mitigate CVE-2014-3566 (SSL POODLE).(BNWB-3845)
Web page error while uploading the VPN Certificate.(BNWB-3817)
Routes deleted based on interface for Same Gateway Deployments. (BNWB-3801)
Firmware Version 2.5.1
Static DHCP leases are no longer removed after upgrading to firmware version 2.5 (BNWB-3745).
Assigning static DHCP leases now works as expected. (BNWB-3626)
Assigning DHCP leases to machines tranferred from LANs to VLANs now works as expected. (BNWB-3614)
DHCP server now correctly assigns IP addresses on VLAN interfaces directly after a reboot of the unit. (BNWB-3655)
Reports now correctly include selected WAN links. (BNWB-3684)
VPN tunnels are now correctly re-established if the remote gateway IP address is temporarily unavailable. (BNWB-3681)
The @ character is no longer allowed in host names of VPN remote gateways. (BNWB-3678)
Input validation for Upstream Speed and Downstream Speed of configured links now works correctly. (BNWB-3651)
The DH Group configuration setting title is now correctly displayed. (BNWB-2630)
Changing configuration settings in ADVANCED > High Availability now works as expected. (BNWB-36214)
NAT/Port Forwarding rules are no longer removed if a VPN tunnel with the same name is deleted. (BNWB-3565)
NAT/Port Forwarding rules can now be introduced correctly if rules contain overlapping criteria. (BNWB-3549)
NAT/Port Forwarding rules with identical rule names no longer disappear when updating from older firmware versions . (BNWB-3186)
Outbound routing rules are now processed correctly. (BNWB-3554)
WAN IP addresses no longer get swapped when upgrading from older firmware versions.(BNWB-3404)
OpenSSL Vulnerability fix for CVE-2014-0224,CVE-2014-0160.
Rare Out of Memory condition on few deployments now fixed.
Firmware Version 2.5
Expiry time of a DNS record is now configurable per-domain using the SERVICES > Authoritative DNS > Domain > TTL field.
High-Availability failover now optionally also kicks in when individual WAN links are down. Use the new ADVANCED > High Availability > Cluster Settings > Failover if all WAN links are down option to configure.
VLAN interfaces are now configurable as WAN links.
Traffic shaping over multiple WAN links is now available. Configure the traffic shaping on the POLICY > Bandwidth Mgmt page.
Built-in DHCP server now provides different IP addresses to different VLANs. Configure the DHCP server subnets on the SERVICES > DHCP Server page.
Driver updates for new hardware.
ADNS support to Delegate subdomains on the Link Balancer
Connection to Barracuda Cloud Control had issues under some circumstances (BNWB-2742)
System QoS rules do not impact upload speed anymore (BNWB-3599)
Log partition is now prevented from filling up (BNWB-3513)
Uploading an image under the Appearance tab does not cause a temporarily unavailable page anymore (BNWB-3595)
Listen IP address in WAN1 Port forwarding rules does not change anymore to the WAN1 IP address on upgrading firmware to 2.5 with WAN1 disabled (BNWB-3603)
High-Availablity deployments which had fluctuations in Firewall Disabled Mode (BNWB-3050)
Firmware Version 2.4
Live Reporting dashboard displaying Total Traffic, Top Ten Users and Top Ten Applications.
Support for 3G/4G USB modems.
Firmware Version 2.3
Replaced Inbound and Outbound Access Firewall Rules pages by new FIREWALL > Access Rules page. Rules editing has been simplified as they can now be re-sorted using drag-and-drop. A new per-rule Exclude field has been added to exclude specific IP addresses. New icon graphics further improve the rule list's usability.
Added application based configuration options to POLICY > Bandwidth Mgmt > Quality of Service Rules. It is now possible to simply pick predefined application types within the Available Applications section and combine them to application bundles.
Added the option to configure static ARP entries on the ADVANCED > Advanced IP Config page.
Added time controls to Access Firewall rules.
Added integration with Barracuda Control Center for collective monitoring.
Firmware Version 2.3.1.003
VPN Stabilty fixes.
Administration access settings through the WAN interface are now always retained on firmware upgrades. [BNWB-2917]
Diskspace no longer running low on upgrades.
Stale route cache issue no longer can prevent Internet access on failover/failback. [BNWB-3032]
Firmware Version 2.3, 2.3.0.035
WAN2 interface no longer stops working, nor requires manual intervention. [BNWB-1918]
Firmware Version 2.2
Added an extensive set of reports that can be found on the BASIC > Reports page. Traffic reports and logs can be viewed on-demand or scheduled for delivery to an FTP or SMB server or to an email address. These new reports are only available on models 330 and above.
Added ability for any WAN link (e.g. MPLS link) to fail over to a VPN tunnel. This feature is available in firewall disabled mode.
An SNMP trap is now generated when a link that had been down becomes operational again.
Firmware Version 2.1
Advanced Bandwidth Management through Diffserv compliant Quality of Service Rules.Ability to specify policy based Bandwidth Management controls.
Ability to specify policy based Bandwidth Management controls.
Ability to create VLAN interfaces.
Improved Outbound Routing functionality.
NAT-Traversal support for VPN tunnels.
Firmware Version 2.1.2.003
Resolved PPPoE negotiation issues.
CNAME records that use the character @ in the canonical name can now be created. [BNWB-1939].
Time zone changes are now reflected in the logs.
Firmware Version 2.1.1.010
Due to an increase in firmware size, some customers may experience a problem when installing this version. In particular, an error may occur if three unique firmware versions have already been installed (Factory Installed, Previously Installed and Currently Installed are all different versions). If the Apply Firmware step does not complete successfully, call Barracuda Networks Technical Support for assistance. This issue affects only the installation of the firmware.
The issue where multiple links being configured at the same time caused the interfaces not to be brought up correctly has been fixed.
An issue with PPPoE connection management is now fixed.
Multiple issues with firewall port forwarding rules that occurred when an application was specified in the rules are now fixed.
Firewall inbound rules are now honored for traffic that is 1:1 NAT'ed to static routes on the LAN side.
Firmware Version 2.1.0.018
- Improved presentation and usability of Bandwidth Management UI.
- Updating the configuration for multiple links at the same time on the BASIC > Links page may cause the interfaces to be not brought up correctly. As a workaround, update only one link at a time.
Firmware Version 2.1.0.017
- Fixed a number of issues with IP/Application Routing.
- If all the WAN links are down, the active Barracuda Link Balancer no longer fails over to the backup system in an HA environment.
Firmware Version 2.1.0.012
- Added ability to use dynamic WAN links such as DHCP and PPPoE as Authoritative DNS Servers.
- Added support for bulk edit on a number of UI screens.
- Improved troubleshooting options.
- Increased robustness of link health monitoring.
- Can now support IP addresses in the same WAN subnet on both LAN and WAN side in firewall disabled mode.
- Private self signed certificates can now be downloaded to Link Balancer on the ADVANCED > Secure Administration page.