This solution applies to all Barracuda Link Balancer models, firmware version 1.3 and above.
You can navigate to the Event, Firewall, and VPN logs by clicking on the Logs tab and then clicking on the corresponding log tab in the web interface of your Barracuda Link Balancer.
The Event Log will contain system events that have occurred. These include:
- A WAN link has become active or gone down; a link could not be detected. Login failed.
- When the Event Log reaches a predetermined size a new Event Log is started.
The Firewall Log contains all firewall events that have occurred. When the Firewall Log reaches a predetermined size a new Firewall Log in started.
The VPN Log contains information logged about the VPN tunnels.
To customize the appearance of the display:
- Rearrange the ordering of the columns by clicking on a column header and dragging it to the right or left of other column headers.
- Change which columns are included in the display by hovering the mouse over any column header and clicking the drop-down. From the drop-down list, check or uncheck the column names to add to or remove from the display.
- Click Preferences to set the number of entries displayed per page.
To clear the contents of the log:
- Click Clear Log.
To update the contents displayed:
- Click Refresh. The most recent entry is always at the top of the list.
To filter the log entries displayed in this page:
- To narrow the display, select one of the built-in filters by first clicking the operator drop-down to the left of Filter, selecting IS or NOT, then clicking the Filter drop-down to select the type of filtering. Select None to apply NO filter. This is the default selection. Click the Apply Filter button to sort the log data.
- Optional. To further narrow the display, do the following:
- Click the "+" button to add another filter entry line.
- Click the operator drop-down to the left of Filter. Select AND, OR, AND NOT, or OR NOT to link multiple Filter expressions.
- Click the Filter drop-down, select the filter and enter a regular expression to sort on.
To export the displayed entries to a CSV file:
- Click Export to CSV.
Link to this page: