This solution applies to all Barracuda Link Balancer models on firmware versions 1.2 and later.
From the BASIC > Links page of the Barracuda Link Balancer user interface, expand the link configuration to specify the DNS Servers that are used by the Barracuda Link Balancer for the particular link.
To specify which DNS servers that are used by a particular connected link:
- From the BASIC > Links page, expand the particular link configuration that DNS is being configured for
- If the link is configured as DHCP
- select the Yes raido button in the Obtain DNS Server Addresses field to get the DNS server addresses dynamically from your ISP's DHCP server. Or, click No and enter the IP addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers specified by your Internet Service Provider.
- If the link is configured as Static
- Enter the IP addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers as specified by your Internet Service Provider
- If the link is configured as PPPoE
- Enter the IP addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers as specified by your Internet Service Provider.
If the DNS configuration is left blank in a Static, or PPPoE link config, the Link Balancer will use the public domain servers from OpenDNS by default since public DNS can be used by most any Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is not proprietary to any one. In some cases, certain ISPs will only respond to DNS queries from their own servers, this will cause an issue because the ISP's DNS server will have to be listed as the Primary DNS server on the Link Balancer.
Link to This Page: