This article refers to firmware 4.2 and higher running on the Barracuda Load Balancer model 640 that include PORT1 through PORT10.
Setting Up Multiport Link Aggregation
You can aggregate multiple Network Interfaces into a single logical bonded interface to improve throughput. Once the Barracuda Load Balancer is connected to the network, use the following steps to configure link aggregation:
- Log into the web interface, and on the BASIC > IP Configuration page, specify a WAN IP configuration; click Save Changes.
- On the BASIC > IP Configuration page, in the Operating Mode section, verify the operation is set to Route-Path mode.
- On the ADVANCED > Advanced Networking page, in the Network Port Configuration section, set Enable Network Port Configuration to Yes, and click Save Changes.
- In the Link Bonding section, click Add Interface Bond; the Link Bonding page displays.
- Enter the bond name, select the mode, and select the ports for bonding, then click Add.
Complete step 6 for each link bond, and then close the page.
Once you create a bonded interface, it is available for selection in the Port selection list throughout the ADVANCED > Advanced Networking page, and in the Interfaces list under Add New Service configuration on the BASIC > Services page.
Click Edit after the bonded interface name to add or delete a Network Port from the bonded interface.