Before configuring the IP address and network settings, complete Step 1: How to Install a Barracuda Load Balancer.
Configure WAN IP Address and Network Settings
The Barracuda Load Balancer is assigned a default WAN IP address of 192.168.200.200.
To set a new WAN IP address from the administrative console:
- Connect your keyboard and monitor directly to the Barracuda Load Balancer.
- At the
barracuda loginprompt, enter admin for the login and admin for the password. The User Confirmation Requested window displays the current IP configuration of the Barracuda Load Balancer.
- Using your Tab key, select Change and press Enter to change the WAN IP configuration.
- Enter the new WAN IP address, netmask, and default gateway for your Barracuda Load Balancer.
- Enter the IP address of your primary and secondary DNS servers.
- Select Save to save your changes, and then select Exit.
The new WAN IP address and network settings are applied to your Barracuda Load Balancer.
Configure Your Corporate Firewall
If your Barracuda Load Balancer is located behind a corporate firewall, refer to the following table for the ports that need to be opened on your corporate firewall to allow communication between the Barracuda Load Balancer virtual IP addresses, and remote servers.
|22/8788||Out||TCP||Remote diagnostics and technical support services|
|53||Out||TCP/UDP||Domain Name Server (DNS)|
Firmware and Energize updates (unless configured to use a proxy)
|123||Out||UDP||Network Time Protocol (NTP)|
|any ports used by Services||as needed||as needed||
1:1 NATs as needed, and any port required to access the VIP of a load balanced Service
Continue with Step 3: How to Configure the Barracuda Load Balancer Web Interface.