This article refers to firmware version 4.2.0.005 and higher running on a configured Barracuda Load Balancer 340 or higher, and Microsoft Server 2008 R1 or R2 Standard, Enterprise, or Datacenter Edition.
For prerequisites, refer to Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2008 R1 or R2 Deployment.
Complete the tasks in Step 2. How to Configure the Real Server prior to completing Step 3 of the deployment.
Use the following steps to add the Remote Desktop Service on the active Barracuda Load Balancer.
- Go to the BASIC > Services page in the web interface.
- Add the RDP Service:
- In the Service Name box, enter the name for the Service, e.g. RDP.
- In the Virtual IP Address box, enter the IP address for the FQDN of your Remote Desktop Service, e.g., rdp.domain.local.
- Select TCP from the drop-down list.
- In the Port box, enter 3389.
- In theReal Servers box, enter the internal IP address for every Real Server running the Remote Desktop Host Role.
- To edit the Service, click the Edit () icon next to the Service entry in the table. The Service Detail page displays. Complete the following in the Service Detail page:
- In the General section, set the Service Type to Layer 7 – RDP.
- In the Service Monitor section, set the Testing Method to RDP.