Update the passive system first. On the passive system:
- If the passive system is also the backup system, go to the ADVANCED > High Availability page and set Failback Mode to Manual. This ensures that the transfer of control from one system to the other does not happen while the firmware update is in process.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page and follow the instructions there to update the firmware.
- When the update is complete and the passive system is running the new firmware, update the firmware on the active system.
When all updates are complete, you can failback to the primary system, if desired, by either:
- Changing Failback Mode to Automatic, or
- Clicking Failback in the Clustered Systems table
- Understanding Barracuda Load Balancer High Availability
- How to Configure the Barracuda Load Balancers for High Availability
- How to Manage of a High Availability Environment with Two Barracuda Load Balancers
- How to Add or Remove a Barracuda Load Balancer form a High Availability Environment
- Multiport Configuration in a High Availability Environment