Verify you have the necessary equipment:
Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
AC power cord
- Mounting rails and screws
Monitor and keyboard (recommended)
Connect to the Network
Secure the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC in your environment.
- Connect the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC to your network:
- On the front of the device, connect the ports based on your deployment
Connect an Ethernet cable from the management port (either labeled MGMT or unlabeled on the back of the device) to the network switch for your management network.
- Connect the following to your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC:
- Power cord; AC input voltage range is 100-200 volts at 50/60 Hz
- Monitor and keyboard
- Power on the device.
Configure the Management IP Address
Once fully booted, the login prompt appears on your monitor. To configure the management IP address:
barracuda loginprompt, log in using admin/admin.
- Go to TCP/IP Configuration, and in the right pane, configure the addresses as appropriate for your network, including :
- Management IP Address /Netmask
- Gateway Address
- Management VLAN ID (Optional)
- Primary/Secondary DNS Servers
- Proxy Server Configuration (Optional)
- Select Save to save your changes, and then select Exit .
Continue with Step 2 - How to Configure the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC.