If your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC experiences a serious issue that impacts its core functionality, you can use diagnostic and recovery tools that are available at the reboot menu to return your system to an operational state.
Before you use the diagnostic and recovery tools, do the following:
- Use the built-in troubleshooting tools on the ADVANCED > Troubleshooting page to help diagnose the problem.
- Perform a system restore from the last known good backup file.
- Contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for additional troubleshooting tips.
As a last resort, you can reboot your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC and run a memory test or perform a complete system recovery, as described in this section.
To perform a system recovery or hardware test:
- Connect a monitor and keyboard directly to your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC.
- Reboot the system by doing one of the following:
- Click Restart on the BASIC > Administration page.
- Press the Power button on the front panel to turn off the system, and then press the Power button again to turn the system back on.
- The Barracuda splash screen displays with the following three boot options:
- Use your keyboard to select the desired boot option, and click Enter.
You must select the boot option within three seconds of the splash screen appearing. If you do not select an option within three seconds, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC defaults to starting up in the normal mode (first option).
|Barracuda||Starts the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC in the normal (default) mode. This option is automatically selected if no other option is specified within the first three (3) seconds of the splash screen appearing.|
Displays the Recovery Console where you can select the following options:
Performs a thorough memory test that shows most memory related errors within a two-hour time period. The memory test is performed outside of the operating system and can take a long time to complete.
Reboot your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC to stop the hardware test. You may do this by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del on the keyboard.