- The latest versions of Barracuda Load Balancer ADC models 641 and 642 leverage specialized hardware to accelerate SSL transactions. In addition, these models also have dual power supplies.
To accommodate this additional hardware, the network interface ports have been rearranged. Now the 1GB ports are in first eight slots and the 10GB ports are in the next two slots (from left to right). [BNADC-6627]
You can now use connection logs to display information about the connections made to the configured services and to the associated servers. This feature is available in the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC 540 and higher.
A new reporting module has been introduced to the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC with more than 25 reports and built in drill down functions.
Source IP Persistence support has been added at the Service Group level. [BNADC-6316]
Administrators can now configure a static source IP address to connect to the real servers. [BNADC-3836]
Roll Based Administrators (RBAs) are now supported.
Augmented SSL Capabilities:
Subject Alternative Names (SAN) certificate creation
SSL Session Resumption
Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
SSL Session ID Persistence
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB):
- CNAME, SRV, and TXT record types have been added to GSLB services. [BNADC-3373]
- GSLB statistics can now be queried using an SNMP request. [BNADC-4358]
- The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC now supports the following Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral (DHE) cipher suites:
- The RDP_IN_DATA and RDG_OUT_DATA HTTP methods are now available to support Remote Desktop Gateway configuration. [BNADC-3206]
- For GSLB services, you can now configure a private monitoring IP address when the published site IP address is a public IP address. [BNADC-3207]
- You can now configure high availability between 2 Barracuda Load Balancer ADCs only when they are on same network. [BNADC-4635]
- The TCP dump function located on the on ADVANCED > Troubleshooting page now allows user to select a VLAN interface. [BNADC-5173]
- The Redirect URL now supports the
%doption to copy the domain name from the HTTP request. [BNADC-5223]
- Access logs can be exported to external FTP servers multiple times a day. [BNADC-5430]
You can now export the FTP access logs multiple times a day. You can also now set the time of the day to export the FTP access logs. [BNADC-5430]
The Web User Interface for the Cookie Encryption Key has been improved to allow you to generate and save encryption keys on the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC. [BNADC-5637]
Under certain scenarios, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC went into Passive-Passive state when you changed the failback mode to Automatic. [BNADC-6141]
- There was an issue when editing the service IP address resulted in the deletion of the configured default gateway. [BNADC-6374]
There was an issue when attempting to delete the default gateway while editing the service IP address. [BNADC-6374]
- The Backup server started to function as a normal server if the Back Server Status for the Layer 4 service was enabled. [BNADC-6381]
There was an issue with backup server functionality when toggling the server status for Layer 4 TCP services. [BNADC-6381]
The high availability failover and failback time has been improved on Barracuda Load Balancer ADC Vx appliances with large configurations. [BNADC-6449]
There was an issue causing a data path outage when the POST parameter name exceeded 2M. [BNADC-6457]
The status of the GSLB request handler process is now monitored. [BNADC-6606]
Mismatched IP Cookie Replay Attacklogs were being generated on the BASIC > Web Firewall Logs page even when the Cookie Replay Protection Type was set to None. [BNADC-6618]
There was an issue causing a data path outage when the configuration of an SSL-enabled server was edited. [BNADC-6666]
The OpenSSL fix for CVE-2015-3194 has been applied. [BNADC-6700]
There was an issue with not getting the correct client IP address if the
Header for Client IP Addresswas chosen and the header occurred after sixteen other HTTP headers. [BNADC-6738]
The server status in the web interface now displays the correct data when a real server goes up or down. [BNADC-6789]
The performance of the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC's UDP proxy has been improved. [BNADC-6812] [BNADC-6816] [BNADC-6817]
There was an issue causing VDI connections to hang and timeout. [BNADC-6814]
There was a memory leak when processing POST requests with the content type multipart/form-data. [BNADC-6940]
There was a memory leak during heavy web-firewall logging. [BNADC-6949]
Deprecated Operations and Known issues
- The HTTP Slow and HTTPS Slow testing methods configured on the BASIC > Services page and on the TRAFFIC > Monitor Groups page have been deprecated. Instead, use the HTTP and HTTPS server monitor tests respectively. [BNADC-5037]
- Due to the changes to logging and monitoring framework, existing logs are not visible in the UI.
- Barracuda Load Balancer platform 2 device’s configuration cannot be uploaded on Barracuda Load Balancer ADC devices for this version of the firmware. To work around this issue, the customer is requested to upload the backup on the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC firmware version 5.4 or earlier before upgrading to version 6.0.
- Under some situations, enabling connection logs for Layer 4 services does not take effect. For these cases, please disable connection logs and enable it again.