The Infrascale BDR service module requires that target devices to which you are applying file and folder backup or bare metal backup meet the following requirements:
- WMI enabled;
- Admin share should be enabled;
- Powershell 2.0 (bare metal backup only);
- .NET 4.0 installed;
- port 4849 must be open for inbound and outbound communications.
For file and folder backups, the Infrascale BDR service module supports the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
Note: Although Infrascale supports file and folder backup on Windows XP devices, Barracuda Managed Workplace does not support monitoring for Windows XP devices.
To install the Infrascale service module, you must be running Barracuda Managed Workplace 9.2, at a minimum. If you are on a previous version of Service Center, the Infrascale service module will not be available for installation in Update Center.
Additionally, you must ensure the following requirements are met:
- To ensure online backup works without issue, you must remove the TrustedHosts setting for WSMan on the Onsite Manager machine.
- You must install the Infrascale service module, which is available in Update Center. The service module adds two configuration policies and two monitoring policies to Service Center to monitor and perform backups. See “Using Service Modules” in the User Guide or online help.
- The role for the user working with Infrascale through Barracuda Managed Workplace must have permissions to device management and reporting. By default, Administrators, Technicians and Service Managers are configured with these permissions. See “Setting Permissions for a Role” in the User Guide or online help.
- The user account for the user working with Infrascale must have object access to apply the monitoring policies to target devices at a site. See “Setting the Objects a User Account Can Access” in the User Guide or online help.