You can upgrade the VMware tools on a guest machine from within the VMware service module. VMware tools must be installed and running on the guest machine; the Guest Configuration area of the Guest Configuration dashboard includes this information and the link to upgrade VMware tools.
- In Service Center, click Status > Service Modules.
- Click the VMware link.
- In the Managed Sites table, click a site name.
- In the Managed Hosts table, click a host machine name.
- Scroll down to the Guest Summary table.
- Click a guest name.
- Click View Resource Configuration.
- In the Guest Configuration area, click Upgrade VMware Tools.