- How to Connect
- Using the OData Feed (Cloud)
- Using SQL Server (On-Premise)
How to Connect
There are two options to connect to the data layer, depending on your edition of Barracuda Managed Workplace. Some common BI tools that can be used to connect are Power BI, Excel and Tableau.
Using the OData Feed (Cloud)
- In your BI tool, select the OData data source type
Type the URL to your OData feed, in the form of
https://<service center URL>/odata/v1, where
<service center URL>is the URL of your Service Center.
Note: For example, if you are on-premise (self-hosted), and the URL of your Service Center is
https://www.company.com/SC, the OData feed URL would be
. If you are on the Barracuda cloud, and the URL of your Service Center is
, the OData feed URL would be
- When you are prompted for credentials, select Basic as the authentication mechanism.
- Type your Barracuda Managed Workplace VAR Domain\Username as the username and your password.
The user account must be in the Administrator role.
Using SQL Server (On-Premise)
- In your BI tool, select the SQL Server data source type.
- When prompted for credentials, use the SCRptUser SQL login that was created for you when you deployed the rpt schema views.
Note: The password must be reset before it can be used.
Below are a collection of Power BI samples that you can use for inspiration. To use any of these samples, simply open it up in Power BI Desktop and click Cancel while it attempts to load the data. Then, select Edit Queries > Data source settings >Change Source... to change the connection to your specific data source. Please check back from time to time for new samples.
To see an interactive graphic of the data model, click the graphic below.