The instructions in this chapter describe how to integrate Barracuda Managed Workplace 9.1 MR1 with Tigerpaw 15.1.8. If you integrated Tigerpaw with a previous version of Barracuda Managed Workplace, you must first make note of some configuration settings in Tigerpaw. Do not delete your current Tigerpaw integration from Service Center until you have completed all other migration steps. If this is your first time integrating with Tigerpaw, you can skip this section.
To migrate from a legacy Tigerpaw integration, you will perform the following steps:
- Before uninstalling the legacy Tigerpaw integration, there are some settings that are not automatically pushed to the new integration. To maintain consistency between the old integration and the new one, you should make note of these settings. See Make Note of Current Tigerpaw Integration Settings.
- Uninstall or disable the Tigerpaw Level Platforms Integrator service. For details, please contact Tigerpaw.
- Upgrade Tigerpaw to version 15.1.8, at a minimum. For details, please contact Tigerpaw.
- Create new Special Price Book items and Asset Types, if required. In the legacy integration, you may already have these items for Server, Workstation, and Unknown, however you may need to create new Asset Types for Printer and Mobile. See Creating Asset Types in Tigerpaw to Match Barracuda Managed Workplace Assets.
- Install Tigerpaw API 4.0.2. For details, please contact Tigerpaw.
- Install and configure Tigerpaw Timer Service. For details, please contact Tigerpaw.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you set the interval on the Timer Service to the lowest possible setting of 1 minute.
- Install Tigerpaw API Tools Utility and create the API user for integration. When creating the API user, keep the following in mind:
- You will be entering the user name and password for the API user in Service Center when configuring the Tigerpaw integration in Barracuda Managed Workplace.
- Ensure that the API user has the “Allow user to list accounts via API” permission enabled.
- Select the External Product that you will be using for the new integration. It is recommended that you create a new External Product called “Barracuda Networks Barracuda Managed Workplace“. See Creating an External Product for the Barracuda Managed Workplace Integration.
- Configure the Tigerpaw web service.
- In Tigerpaw, click Tools and then click Options.
- Click Configure API.
- Enter the URL value for the API web service, including the protocol, i.e. http:// or https://.
Make Note of Current Tigerpaw Integration Settings
- In Tigerpaw, open the Tigerpaw Level Platforms Configuration utility.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Values for Service Orders area, make note of the following values:
- Taken by Rep
- Tech Assigned
- Click the Cross References tab.
- Make a note of the asset type mappings between Barracuda Managed Workplace and Tigerpaw, including the asset type to use if the Barracuda Managed Workplace asset type is missing.
- Next, you should make note of which External Product the legacy integration is using. In most cases, the External Product will be “Level Platforms”. To confirm:
- Open an account that has been mapped to Barracuda Managed Workplace.
- Click the Service Defaults tab.
- In the Associated External Products area, make a note of the External Product name.
Note: In the legacy integration, it was possible to link a Barracuda Managed Workplace site to a Tigerpaw Rep Account, i.e. “Doe, John”. This type of linkage is no longer supported by Tigerpaw. If this type of linkage exists in the legacy Tigerpaw integration, you must remove them and re-enter them into a new Customer Account.
Migration Tasks in Service Center
Now that you have performed the required migration steps in Tigerpaw, there are several tasks you must perform in Service Center:
- Ensure that your legacy Tigerpaw integration is enabled in Barracuda Managed Workplace, as disabled Tigerpaw integrations cannot be migrated.
- Install the Tigerpaw service desk module from Update Center.
- Configure the new integration. At each step of the configuration, verify or enter the values you noted from the legacy Tigerpaw integration, or provide new values as required. See
Note: Any settings from the legacy integration that were stored in Service Center will be pre-populated, including the Tigerpaw web service host, the Deep Link configuration to Tigerpaw Service Order, and the ticketing options. Any existing Barracuda Managed Workplace and Tigerpaw Service Order synching will also be saved.
- Delete the legacy Tigerpaw service desk module from Service Center.