This page provides the following topics:
The S ervice Plan
A service plan is the group of services that you have agreed to provide to your customer. It can include any of the following:
- basic support, including Support Assistant and remote control capabilities.
- baseline or advanced monitoring and alerting.
- security services, such as patch management, Avast Antivirus, and backup and disaster recovery.
- ongoing IT maintenance through the use of automated scripts.
- reporting on work completed.
Barracuda Managed Workplace includes a built-in framework that allows you to set up and maintain service plans for the managed services you provide.
A service plan allows you to:
- centrally plan and standardize your service offerings
- determine the level of involvement that you have with your customer's technology
Video on Service Plans and Dashboards
Click the video below for an introduction to Service Plans and Dashboards.
What You Can Do
With a service plan, you can:
- apply the pre-built service plans in Barracuda Managed Workplace to new sites, and replace your existing monitoring configuration (if you upgraded service plans).
- modify pre-built service plans by renaming them and adding or removing services.
- monitor service plan activity, including active alerts, in the Services Dashboard.
- create executions to determine when patching, automated tasks, and Avast Antivirus scans occur at your customer sites.
The built-in service plans in Barracuda Managed Workplace are designed to provide your customers with increasing levels of service, from the reactive service plan, which includes support and remote control services, to the fixed fee service plan, which provides complete monitoring and security services to your customer. You can also create your own service plans, or choose not to use them entirely.
For more about the built-in service plans, see About the Built-in Service Plans in Barracuda Managed Workplace.