After creating a service plan, you can apply it to site groups.
If you plan on using a group-based service delivery model for your service plans, you can create a shared site group, which rely on a common site group definition that automatically creates a site group at all new sites using the automatic inclusion rules you define. By allowing you to configure site group automatic inclusion rules in one central location, and then applying these rules across multiple sites, shared site groups allow you to standardize the creation.
Applying Service Plans to a Site Group
As a best practice, it is recommended that if you choose to apply service plans using a group-based service delivery model, that you apply to site groups that have been created using a shared site group definition. However, if you have already created site groups for the site, you might find it easier to use your existing groups.
- In Service Center, click Status > Central Dashboard.
- Click the name of a site.
- In the Service Plan Application area, click the gear icon.
- If site is not set up to use shared site groups by default, click the gear icon again, and select the Apply Service Plans directly to groups button. If the site is already set up to use shared site groups, skip this step.
- In the Manage Service Plan Application area, click the Apply Service Plan to a new Group link.
- From the Choose an unassigned site group list, select the shared site group to which you want to apply a service plan.
In the Service Plan Applications area, from the list select the service plan you want to apply to this site group.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to apply service plans to other groups, as needed.