You can create your own monitoring policies for monitoring. Although editing an existing monitoring policy is easier, creating one from scratch ensures monitors are applied the way you want.
To create your own monitoring policy, you must determine how the managed device or application exposes its status, determine appropriate alert actions and thresholds, and test the final product to ensure there are no functional issues with your configuration.
For example, you may encounter a customer who must continue to use a legacy version of an application due to business constraints. It isn't likely that a monitoring policy exists for software that has been deprecated, but you must monitor the application to satisfy the service agreement with the customer.
The solution is to design your own monitoring policy.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > Policies > Monitoring.
- Click New.
- In the Policy Name box, type a name.
- Optionally, type a description for the monitoring policy.
- Click Create.
- Add a new monitor to the monitoring policy. See Adding a New Monitor to a Monitoring Policy.
- Add automatic inclusion rules to the monitoring policy. See Creating Automatic Inclusion Rules for Monitoring Policies.