A report policy includes the following:
- one or more reports
- the schedule on which the reports will run
- the intended report email recipients, and the email subject and message
- formatting options such as locale, time zone, output format, and font
- for device report policies, the rules that define what type of devices will be included in the reports
- manually added devices and groups
When you create a report policy, you specify whether it will include site reports or device reports. For report policies that include site reports, when the policy is added to a service in a service plan and applied to a site, the policy will be automatically applied to all devices at a site. For this reason, you cannot create automatic inclusion rules for a report policy that includes site reports.
To create a report policy
- In Service Center, click Configuration > Policies > Reporting.
- Click New.
- From the list, select whether to create a site report or a device report.
- Click Add.
- Provide a policy name and description.
- Click Create.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Modify.
To add reports to a report policy
- In the Reports area, click Add.
- Select the check box beside each report you want to add, and click Add.
To schedule when the reports will run
- In the Schedule area, in the Start Time box, type a start time for when reporting will begin to run. Alternatively, you can click the clock icon to select a time from the list.
- In the Recurrence Pattern area, select whether you want reporting to run daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- In the Select the number of days of data to run in the report area, indicate the time period the report will cover by selecting a number from the first list, and either days, weeks, or months from the second list.
To configure email settings
You can configure whether to email reports to a site’s contact, and you can provide the subject line and email message content.
- In the Email area, click the Email Reports to the site’s contact check box. This check box is selected by default.
- In the Subject box, type the subject line. By default, the Subject box is populated with the name of the report policy. You can change this if desired.
- In the Message box, type the email message.
To set formatting and regional options
You can set formatting and regional options such as locale, time zone, font, and output file.
- In the Options area, select one of the following output formats for the report:
Portable Document Format (PDF) This format becomes an attachment in an email.
Web Archive (MHTML) This format embeds right into an email. This web page archive format combines resources that are typically represented by external links (such as images, Flash animations, Java applets, audio files) together with HTML code into a single file.
Excel Workbook (XLS) This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format is useful if you want to edit or manipulate the data in Excel.
TIFF This format becomes an attachment in an email.
XML This format becomes an attachment in an email. Saving the report in XML format allows you to import the report data into another system. For example, if you have developed a web portal that clients can log into and view information about their company such as reports, performance statistics, etc. XML is a clean way of exporting and importing data from one system to another.
CSV This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format can be loaded into any spreadsheet program. You can also use .CSV files to import the data into another system.
Microsoft Office Word This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format can be loaded into Microsoft Word.
- If required, select the time zone and locale for the report policy.
For example, if you are creating a report policy that will be applied to customers in a different time zone or locale, select their time zone and locale.
- From the Font list, select the font you want the report to use.
- Click Save.