This section provides detailed information about the following topics:
- Preparing for Advanced Software Management
- Options for Advanced Software Management
- Setting up Policies for Third Party Software Management
- Working with Advanced Software Management
Advanced Software Management is an integrated third party software management system that lets you keep all the devices you manage up to date with the latest feature and security patches for applications from over 100 software vendors.
Keeping your devices up to date not only gives endpoint users all the latest features of their software, it also addresses the newest security threats. Patching recently discovered vulnerabilities is one of the top ways to keep your network from being compromised.
Advanced Software Management (ASM) lets you:
- Scan and assess the software on your devices for missing patches for software from over 100 different vendors.
- Select and approve or reject updates to install.
- Choose which devices to update.
- Create a schedule for convenient updates that reduce work interruptions.
While Advanced Software Management is available to Barracuda Managed Workplace users for an additional license fee, all users are able to scan their devices for missing patches at no charge.