You can set the default installation configuration settings for Onsite Manager, including whether to install optional components such as SQL Server Management Studio Express. During the installation, these settings can be overridden by choosing to perform an advanced installation.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > System Settings.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Onsite Manager Installer Settings area, click Modify.
- To change the default Onsite Manager installation path, select the Custom Location check box, and in the Full installation path box, type a new path.
- To prevent Onsite Manager from automatically scanning the local subnet, clear the Auto Scan check box.
- To change the root path for the Microsoft SQL Server Express instance, in the Microsoft SQL Server Express area, select the Custom Location check box, and in the Full installation path box, type a new path.
- In the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express area, select the Install Component check box to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio Express.
- Click Save.