You can set system-wide alert actions that are triggered when WMI or SNMP stops working on a device. This alert determines that monitoring has stopped on a device, and that the monitoring protocol has failed. You can then investigate the root cause of the failure and resolve the problem.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > System Settings.
- Click the Alert Configuration tab.
- In the Loss of Monitoring Protocol Alert Configuration section, click Modify .
- Do the following to change the alert configuration:
- To add an alert category when the monitoring protocol drops on a device so that it appears on the Central Dashboard, click Categorize Alert and add a category from the list. To set up a new alert category, see Creating Alert Categories. Click Save.
- To create a trouble ticket when a monitoring protocol is dropped, select the Create Trouble Ticket check box.
- To send an email when a monitoring protocol is dropped, select the Send Email check box and configure the settings. If multiple devices are discovered from the same scan, they are included in the same email.