This page allows you to access the following topics:
- About Creating a Site in Service Center
- To create a site in Service Center
- To apply a single service plan to a site
- To apply service plans to groups
- To specify how Onsite Manager and Device Manager are deployed
About Creating a Site in Service Center
You create sites from within Service Center. The Create Site page guides you through the process of:
- providing site details
- selecting the service delivery model
- whether or not to deploy Device Managers
- downloading the Onsite Manager installation package, if required
A site's service delivery model determines whether you:
- apply a single service plan to the entire site
- apply service plans to groups, or
- bypass service plans altogether
For more information on selecting a service delivery model, see Determining a Service Delivery Model.
When setting up a site, you can automatically deploy Device Managers to laptops. Barracuda Managed Workplace detects the laptop’s operating system and deploys either a Device Manager for Windows devices or a Device Manager for Mac OS X devices.
To create a site in Service Center
Do one of the following:
- If you have not yet set up a site in Service Center, the Create Site page displays automatically as your home page when you log in to Barracuda Managed Workplace.
- If you have already set up a site in Service Center, and you want to create another, click Site Management > Create Site.
- Type the name of the site in the Site Name box.
- Select one of the following service delivery models for the site:
Apply a single service plan to all devices in this site A single service plan is applied to the site. Select this option if the entire site can be monitored using a single service plan.
Apply service plans to any of the following groups Service plans is applied to groups at the site.
Do not use a service plan for this site, I'll configure the site manually This option is not recommended, however you may need to select this option for sites that do not conform to any of your current service levels or service delivery models.
- Click Next.
To apply a single service plan to a site
If you selected the Apply a single service plan to all devices in this site option, perform the following steps.
- From the list, select a service plan to apply.
- Click Next.
To apply service plans to groups
For each group listed, select the service plan you want to apply.
- Click Next.
To specify how Onsite Manager and Device Manager are deployed
Choose one of the following deployment methods:
Typical Deployment Downloads a site-specific Onsite Manager. Device Managers are automatically installed on Windows and OS X laptops.
Configure Advanced Options Allows you to choose whether to download Onsite Manager, Device Manager, and to specify whether or not to automatically deploy Device Managers on Windows and OS X laptops.
- If you selected Configure Advanced Options in the previous step, select one of the following options:
- To download Onsite Manager only, select the Download Onsite Manager option button, and then clear the Automatically deploy Device Managers on Mac and Windows laptops check box.
- To download Device Manager for Windows only, select the Download Device Manager for Windows Device button.
- To download the Device Manager for Mac OS X only, select the Download Device Manager for Mac Device button.
- Click Next.
- Click Create.
The site is created in Service Center, and the Onsite Manager installation package for this site automatically starts downloading.
- In Service Center, click Site Management > Sites.
- Click Premium Remote Control, then click Set default for new sites.
- Select the Automatically install Premium Remote Control check box.
- Optionally, select the Require Consent check box, then in the Notification Timeout box, type a number. In the Default area, enable one of the following option buttons:
- Allow—Allows Premium Remote Control access if the user does not respond before notification timeout.
- Reject—Rejects Premium Remote Control access if the user does not respond before notification timeout.
- Click OK.