Delivery Schedules define when to automatically run reports.
To name the scheduled report
- In Service Center, click Reporting > Delivery Schedules.
- Click Create Schedule.
- In the Status tab, type a name for the delivery schedule.
To select the report to schedule and the output format
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select either Site, Device or Multi-Site depending on the type of report you're scheduling.
The Report list is filtered based on your selection. For example, if you select the Site option button, then only site reports appear in the list. Similarly, if you select the Multi-Site option button, only aggregate site reports appear.
To locate the report, select a category from the Category list and then select the report from the Report list.
- Select one of the following output formats for the report:
Portable Document Format (PDF) This format becomes an attachment in an email.
Web Archive (MHTML) This format embeds right into an email. This web page archive format combines resources that are typically represented by external links (such as images, Flash animations, Java applets, audio files) together with HTML code into a single file.
Excel Workbook (XLS) This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format is useful if you want to edit or manipulate the data in Microsoft Excel.
TIFF This format becomes an attachment in an email.
XML This format becomes an attachment in an email. Saving the report in XML format allows you to import the report data into another system. For example, if you have developed a web portal that clients can log into and view information about their company such as reports, performance statistics, etc. XML is a clean way of exporting and importing data from one system to another.
CSV This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format can be loaded into any spreadsheet program. You can also use .CSV files to import the data into another system.
Microsoft Office Word This format becomes an attachment in an email. This format can be loaded into Microsoft Word.
- If required, select the time zone and locale for the report.
If you are creating a report for a customer in a different time zone or locale, select their time zone and locale.
To select sites and devices to include in the scheduled report
Click the Subjects tab.
Depending on whether you selected Site or Device in the Settings tab, you can filter what sites and devices to include in the report.
Select the check box for each subject to include and click the >> button.
Make sure to select the site when reporting against service groups or devices so that the recipient only sees information appropriate to their site.
To set the scheduled report to be emailed or archived
- Click the Delivery tab.
- To archive a copy of the report to the Service Center database so the report can be viewed from the Report History, select the Save Report to Archive check box.
- To email a copy of the report, select the Email Report check box and then do the following:
- Select a priority for the email message from the Priority list.
- Type the email address of each recipient (separating recipient addresses with a semicolon), or click the address book icon to open the Email Contacts dialog box, where you can select each Service Center user by enabling the corresponding check box.
- Type the email subject line contents in the Subject box.
- Type the email message in the Email Message box.
To schedule when to deliver the report
- Click the Schedule tab.
Click either the Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Quarterly option button to define how often you want the report delivered.
- Use the corresponding schedule section that appears based on the selected option button to further define the delivery schedule.
- To set how many days of data to include in the scheduled report, select the reporting period.
- Click Save.