Rescue Disk is available for both Workstations and Servers.
If you suspect your devices are infected with malware and all other antivirus scans (including the Boot-time scan) were unable to resolve the issue, you can use Rescue Disk.
Rescue Disk enables you to scan devices when your system is not running. This method significantly increases your chances of detecting and removing malware because the malware is unable to counteract.
- Click Configuration > Policies > Avast Antivirus.
- Click the name of a policy.
- Click one of the following tabs:
- Workstation Settings
- Server Settings
- Click the Active Protection tab.
- In the Tools section, move the slider to enable Rescue Disk.
- Click Apply Changes.