By default, Service Center performs a device discovery network scan on sites every 5 minutes. You can configure an alerting action to notify you when new devices are discovered as the result of the network scan.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > System Settings.
- Click the Alert Configuration tab.
- In the New Device Alert Configuration area, clear the Use System Defaults check box.
- Click Modify.
- Ensure that the Enable New Device Alert check box is selected.
- Do the following to change the alert configuration:
- To add an alert category when a new device is discovered so that it appears on the Central Dashboard, click Categorize Alert and add a category from the list. To set up a new alert category, see Creating Alert Categories. Click Save.
- To create a trouble ticket when a new device is discovered, select the Create Trouble Ticket check box.
- To send an email when a new device is discovered, select the Send Email check box and configure the settings. If multiple devices are discovered from the same scan, they are included in the same email.
To call a pager when a new device is discovered, select the Call Pager check box and click Call Pager. Select the All Users for the Site Whose Role is Configured to Receive Pager Alerts option button. Click Save.
- To escalate an alert if an alert has not been resolved in a set amount of time, select the Escalate Alert check box and select a time after which the Alert Escalation takes effect.
- Click Save.