Creating a group involves the following tasks:
- designate the group as a site group or service group, and provide a name and description.
- define rules to determine which devices will be included in the group. See Creating Rules to Automatically Add Devices to a Group.
- manually add devices to the group (optional). See Manually Adding Devices to Groups.
- define the scope. See Defining Scope for a Service Group.
- apply policies to the group (optional). See Applying Policies to Groups.
The steps for creating service groups and site groups are very similar.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > Groups.
- Click either the Service Group tab or the Site Group tab.
- Click New.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are creating a service group, either select an existing folder in which to store the group, or select the Create New Group Folder check box, and then type a name for a new folder in which to store the service group.
- If you are creating a site group, select the site for which the group is being created from the list.
- Type a name for the group.
- Optionally, type a description for the group.
- Click Create.