You can add any script in Barracuda Managed Workplace that matches the package platform type, either Windows OS, Mac OS, or Unix/Linux. Only scripts of the same platform type, or scripts that can work on any platform type, are available to be added to the package.
There is an overall limit of 50 scripts in a package, including both parent and child scripts.
To add scripts to a package
- In the Package Content area, click Add Scripts.
- Select the check box beside each script you want to add to the package.
- Click Add.
- Click on each script to review the script parameters. If the script has optional parameters or required parameters that have values entered, the parameters won't be displayed when running the package as a task.
To add child scripts to a package
You can set up a child-parent relationship between scripts. A child script will only execute if a defined outcome from the parent script is met. This condition for the child script can be based on the standard output of the parent script, the standard error, or the return code. Barracuda Managed Workplace allows you to set up child scripts up to 5 levels deep.
You can add multiple child scripts to a parent script. These scripts can be moved up and down to change the sequence of execution, however you cannot move a child script up or down to another parent script. See Change the Order of Scripts in a Package .
- In the Package Content area, select the script to which you want to add a child script. You can select a script by clicking anywhere in the script row.
- Click Add Child Scripts.
- Select the check box beside each script you want to add as a child script.
- Click Add.