When you create a script package, you must indicate the target platform type; either Windows OS, Mac OS, or Unix/Linux. Only scripts that are compatible with the platform type that you select will be available to be added to the package.
When you create a package, you provide a name, version, and script category. You can optionally provide a description of the package and the author name.
- In Service Center, click Automation > Library.
- Click New Package.
- From the Choose Package Type list, select the package platform type.
- Click OK.
- In the Package Name box, type a name for the package.
- In the Version box, give the package a version number. Version numbers must be in the format of <num>.<num>.<num>.<num>.
- In the Author box, type your name.
- From the Category list, choose a scripting category for the package.
- In the Description box, provide a description of the package.
You are now ready to begin adding scripts to the package.