You can escalate an alert. This means that if an alert has not been cleared or self-healed in a set amount of time, you can send an email to bring it to the attention of another user. Typically this is used so that unresolved high-priority alerts are viewed by a second-level technician or the business owner.
- Locate the name of the monitor you want to configure. See Locating Monitors.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Click the name of the alert.
- Select the Escalate Alert check box.
- Select a time after which the alert escalation will take effect.
- Do one or both of the following:
- To set a time for the alert to be escalated, type numbers in the Hours and Minutes boxes.
- To send an email, select the Send Email check box. See Setting an Alert to Send an Email.
- Click Save.