Use the Run Script alert action to automate reactions to alerts. You define whether the script is run on the device that triggered the alert or on Onsite Manager, if one exists.
For example, you could use the Run on Device option and start a defragmentation job when a drive is discovered to be more than 20% fragmented.
For example, you could use the Run on Onsite Manager option and issue a Wake-On-LAN command for a device that has triggered a Device Down alert.
- Locate the name of the monitor you want to configure. See Locating Monitors.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Click the name of the alert.
- Select the Run Script check box.
- Optionally, from the Script Category list, select a category or type a category.
The category you select filters the Script list. As you type, Barracuda Managed Workplace performs a search.
- From the Script list, select a script or type the name of the script that you want to run in response to the alert.
As you type, Barracuda Managed Workplace performs a search.
- If the script requires parameters, fill these out as necessary.
- Do one of the following:
Run on Device Runs the script on the device that generated the alert.
Run on Onsite Manager Runs the script on Onsite Manager. When this option is selected for a Device Manager-only site, the script runs on the device.