You can set an alert to email you when a condition is met. The alert email sent to users includes information such as:
- alert type.
- severity of the alert.
- details of the alert.
- ticket details, if configured.
- remedial steps, if configured.
- links to knowledge base articles with more information, if configured.
In most cases, the alert email also includes buttons that initiate suggested actions to correct the problem.
For example, you may want to be notified when there is a password issue, such as an Account Locked Due To Bad Passwords.
- Locate the name of the monitor you want to configure. See Locating Monitors.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Click the name of the alert.
- Click the Send Email check box.
- Select one of the following:
All users Use to send an email to all users whose role is to receive alert notifications.
By default, Administrators and Technicians receive alert notifications by email.
Specify email addresses Use to specify certain recipients who should be notified. In the From box, type the email address from where the alert is emailed.
- In the Alert Emailed From area, type the name of the email address that will appear in the From box. By default, this email address is email@example.com.
- Click Save.