Monitoring policies that we release aim to achieve a balance between regular sampling of data and the resources required to obtain and store it. It's important that your team understand how frequent the polling interval is for important monitors, since the default values may not be appropriate in all situations.
For example, the Dell Servers monitoring policy gathers the operational status of hard drives every 15 minutes. If your service plan states that you react to disk faults within 10 minutes, the polling interval must be reduced to 5 minutes.
- In Service Center, click Configuration > Policies > Monitoring.
- Click the name of the monitoring policy.
- Click the Monitors tab.
- Click the name of the monitor.
- From the Polling Interval list, select an appropriate time to set how frequently the data is captured.
- Do one of the following to set when the monitor runs:
- To set the monitor to run all the time, do nothing.
- To change when the monitor runs, from the list select either Daily Interval or Specific Interval, and use the corresponding lists to define the monitoring.
- Click Save.