When onboarding devices at a site, issues may arise that prevent devices from being monitored.
The Onboarding Overview dashboard helps you identify and correct some common discovery issues, including:
- Windows devices that do not have WMI enabled
- SNMP devices that do not have SNMP enabled
- Windows devices that do not have RDP enabled
- Windows devices that do not have the Admin share enabled
- No ICMP for devices that are responding to ARP only
- MAC or Linux devices that do not have SSH enabled
- Devices that are not monitored by a monitoring policy
- VMware devices that do not have vSphere credentials
After correcting the issue, you can trigger the device discovery scan to verify that the device is being monitored as expected.