You can create exclusion rules that specify which device to exclude by identifying the DNS name, SNMP name, or MAC address. You can also exclude a device directly. See Exclude Devices Directly.
- In Service Center, click Status > Onboarding Overview.
- Click the site that contains the device for which you want to turn monitoring off.
- Click Legacy Exclusion Rules.
- Click New.
- Do any of the following:
- In the DNS Name box, type the domain name for the device.
- In the SNMP Name box, type the SNMP name for the device.
- In the MAC Address collected via WMI, SNMP, or SSH box, type the MAC address for the device.
The Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification.
- In the MAC address collected via ARP box, type the MAC address for the device, if it collected using ARP.
- Click Save.