These release notes document recent upgrades and bug fixes in Avast Antivirus related to the Barracuda Managed Workplace integration.
This update requires a reboot.
- Improved Firewall - Firewall is now more stable.
- Coronavirus scam protection - Avast continues to protect you against phishing scams, including ever-increasing COVID-19 scams and malware.
- Improved Wi-Fi Inspector - Wi-Fi Inspector is updated for stability.
- Safer web browsing - Web Shield can now block malicious sites based on site certificates.
- Firewall compatibility - Avast Firewall is now compatible with the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.
- Improved taskbar icon - Scan progress is now visible from the Avast taskbar icon.
- Improved activation process - Better internal tracking of license activation errors.
- Fixed Rescue Disk - You can now use Rescue Disk again to restore your PC from advanced attacks.
- Improved product stability.
- Behavioral shield improvements.
- Resolved an issue that displayed a "Timeout waiting for Policy to Apply to Device" error on the Devices needing AV install page in Service Center.
- Resolved an issue where out of date Avast virus definition files were kept in error.
- Improved security for URL exclusions.
- Improved stability for minor crashes and internal stability.
- Improved leak handling.
- Fixed heap corruption.
- Resolved tray icon misbehavior when enabling/disabling components.